Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mountian Water Adventures

Ok, this is epic. I'm going to keep the comments to a minimum because, who are we kidding, we know you're just here for the photos of Eli.

Gram lives at Christmount, a Disciples of Christ camp. It is the best grandparent's house imaginable because there is a park, a forest, and a pool. What could be better?
Strollin' home in the Bob after swimming.
A little discontent...
Boys watching machines. They were doing street maintenance while we were waiting for our table at Doc Chey's. The boys were mesmerized.
Eric showed Eli all about trees. He now says "tree", which brings his word count to four.
Straw drinking. New skill.
Meet Eli's girlfriend Maggie. Eli met Maggie while waiting for our table outside looking at trees. They flirted. Maggie taught Eli to wave. He never waved before he met Maggie, despite our attempts at teaching him to. Once we got seated they spent the whole meal waving and talking to each other. Here she is blowing him kisses. Ahhhh, young love. (Now he waves at everyone).
Today's adventure: hiking at Graveyard Fields, my favorite spot on the parkway (maybe in the world). I had him in the sling to start with and for the hike to the Upper Falls. The rest of these photos chronicle the days events in order.
Dangling the toes in the chilly water.
Close up of the toes.
Climbing trying to get further into the water (note the mohawk. His mohawk was the best it's ever been today.).
Walking further in.
Parents conceded. Eli wins. Clothes come off. Swimming commences.
Wheeee! He loved it. It was freeeezing but he didn't care.
Mama's beautiful boy (again, the mohawk. Delicious).
Hanging with DaDa at the Upper Falls. Note the wardrobe change.
Come on Dad! Let's GO!!!
Gram let me dangle my toes some more. Thanks Gram!
She loves me...
Eric and Eli climbing way up to the tippy top of Upper Falls.
The somewhat wimpy falls due to the drought conditions here lately.
This is my hands down favorite picture of Eric and Eli ever.
Our fam.
Time to hike back down. Dad carried him this time in the sling - his first try at slinging. Eli loved it.
He got really snuggly.
One last dip at the bottom of the trail. Eric just had to wash off his feet before getting in the car. Seconds after this photo was snapped I saw Eric and Eli crash onto the rocks. Eric went down back first and Eli's little head came over his shoulder and grazed the rocks. I did not crop the other hiker out of this photo because he was the paramedic who came to our aid. He and his paramedic wife happened to be hiking there with their kids (who I apologized to numerous times for the choice words that escaped my mouth as I ran to extract my husband and child from the river).
No more mohawk. Here is Eli all dirty and busted up. Both fellas are fine. Eli has four little bumps on his noggin and Eric's hiney took the brunt of the fall. Eli was back to his silly laughing self in no time. My heart took a little longer to stop pounding. The paramedics said to ice it and watch him but that he was probably fine. What a day.
Posted by Mama

5 comments:

never had a nickname said...

dude, i've dropped abram (and me when i slipped on steps) in tropicana field. major scary. glad to see everyone is ok.

Kelly said...

I shall henceforth refer to your sprog as "Lumpy." Or "Knothead."

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

I am soooo glad that they are both okay. And, I agree that is an awesome picture of Eric and Eli!

Eve said...

These are beautiful photos. I want to put MY feet in that water. Yall are inspiring - I'll taking Miles hiking this weekend. We've had several head bumps, it simply can't be avoided. Have a good trip back.

The Giauques said...

Thanks for sharing the amazing pics of your travels! Hope to get together with you soon.