Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some Leftovers from Dad

These days, Jessa is most often the one who is doing the blog posting. For reasons of backup, though, we download the photos from the camera onto both her laptop and mine. Occasionally, when I'm downloading to my computer, I see one that Jessa didn't put on the blog that I liked enough to put on there. So this is a post with a few of those photos, plus a few cell phone photos from the last few days.

Jessa and Eli at their swimming group. He's quite the waterbug.
Eli is a very giving child. Sharing will be a good skill to have come, say, late August.
Who among us HASN'T worn our monkey footie pjs under a striped hoodie sweater? I mean, we've all been there.
Looking like his mom.
Nobody told him that his pacifier was upside down.
Hanging out in the yard.
Just sitting on the steps.
Yesterday was a beautiful day, around 60 degrees, and I had the day off work for President's Day. So I took a break from school work to meet Jessa and Eli for lunch and some playground time. Eli had a great time, and was doing really well navigating the wood chips on the ground, the various concrete sidewalks, and playground obstacles. And then, tragedy struck. He stumbled--right in the middle of a sidewalk, after all of his previous agility--and somehow landed on his forehead and mouth, all at once. He ended up with a bloody lip and a little bit of road rash on his head. Fifteen minutes and a lot of quacking ducks later, he was mostly over it, but his poor little lip stuck out all afternoon. In this photo, you can sort of see how fat it was.

And in this one, you can really see how far his upper lip stuck out.
Afterward, Jessa and Eli headed off to Target to do some shopping. Poor Eli was worn out from all his playing and falling down, and slept right there in the cart.
Pitiful.And this is a picture Jessa just sent. Those eyes are drowsy again...they're at the movies now, and I'll bet Eli's sound asleep.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Couldn't ya make him a bed in the big part of the cart? ;) Zoom right back to the linens department, snag a smooshy pillow, throw it in the cart, lay baby down and shop for hours! :)

After the boo-boo photos, the last one makes me think he's icing his newest contusion.

Anonymous said...

How did you know I was wearing my monkey footie pjs and my striped hoodie??! Spooky!
Allie

Mama V said...

I'm always amazed by Eli's ability to sleep ANYWHERE! That kid is so portable and fun!