Saturday, May 8, 2010

Seattle Fun

So, a week or so ago, my youngest sister called. She was hatching a plan. A birthday surprise for my Mom.

The surprise? Us. The lovely Michelle not only hooked us up with passes from her sweet job with Horizon, she flew out to Denver to help schlep the boys and me to Seattle.

We arrived on Wednesday - which also happened to be Cinco de Mayo - and - Michelle's 21st birthday. I'm really glad I was there to help keep her out of too much trouble.
Once we arrived we traded sisters, and spent the day running around University Village with Maddie.
Optical illusion?
No. Toddler entertainment.

Hiding.
That evening we surprised Mom with a dinner with all her children, their significant others (except Eric - sadly), and children at the Melting Pot. Yum. Somehow none of us remembered to bring out our cameras to document this momentous event. To busy fonduing.

After that Maddie and I took Michelle out to celebrate the big 2-1. No photos of this either. Thankfully.

On Friday, Mom, Michelle, the boys and I spent the. most. gorgeous. day at I-don't-know-what beach near Everett WA.



There were eagles overhead, amazing big puffy clouds, ocean and sand - but best of all...

That sweet face! It's too much.
Sweet beachy nap.
Eli and Yaya had oodles of beachy fun, fishing, digging, and playing driftwood games.







It was a too quick, but oh so sweet trip! What fun to celebrate two big birthdays, and almost Mothers' Day with these lovelies. Great idea Michelle!

2 comments:

amy said...

I almost can't stand Amos' cuteness! Those chubby hands in the sand are so sweet.

themsrevolution said...

those umbrella shots are so wonderful... and those clouds are so white and puffy! looks like a great trip!