Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Fun with Miles!

Whoever invented the playdate was a genius. What could be better? Kiddos have fun. There's yummy food. And you get to have adult conversation with interesting people. Today Eli's buddy Miles and his Mom Eve came over. We had big fun. Eric graciously offered to set up a panini station out of the deck. He whipped up yummy paninis, made to order, while the boys splashed and wiggled like little sunscreen greased fish. Eric picked up this little pool while he was getting panini fixins and it was a hit!
Eli was cautious, but Miles was like a deep sea diver! He was fearless!
Eli wanted to get a closer look at Miles's Nemo diaper.
Eli and Eve.
A wet baby towel makes a lovely sunshade for swimming babies.
After swimming we had lunch. While I wasn't looking Eli nabbed a fistful of rice cereal out of the bowl I was spooning from and jammed it in his mouth. I quickly admitted defeat and poured the bowl out onto his tray and let him have at it. He had great fun making a fabulous mess. It exhausted him.
Eli says, "I love Miles. Can I eat him?"
Miles found the game shelf. I think I can take him in the Friends Trivia Game.
Eli had a last glimpse at his first nursery yesterday. I took his picture in front of the wall I painted a tree and birdies on. We went to finish up some work and get the staging furniture out of our old house. We are selling our first owned home. We close on Monday. It was a sweet first house, once we gave it some tlc. I hope the new owner finds it homey and is very happy there. We're pretty happy where we are. Things just work out sometimes, don't they.

2 comments:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

I love the new pic and colors. Eli is getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Kelly said...

I admire the photo and color scheme as well, except that your photo takes up the whole screen and pushes your blog posts way down. =0)