Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Fun!

The fam from Seattle came to visit from New Years. They loaded up in a Denali, the eight of them, and set off for the twenty hour drive. Fourty five hours later they arrived! We had a blast while they were here. I love having a house full of family.But first...I completed Eli's Dick and Jane quilt. I'm so proud!
It has Dick and Jane at the fair on the reverse.
He loves looking at the little pictures. He loves to find the teddy bear driving the car.
He showed his quilt to Yaya.
Eli had such fun with Grifinn and Felix. He loves having other kids around. Grifinn tickled his tootsies.
Felix, Yaya and I got our sled on! Wheeee!
Felix's sledding gear under his snow suit - skivies and soccer socks.
Curley Eli playing with (trying to eat) rocks.
Watching the snow fall...
He thought he was getting a drink, but that cup actually holds my string scraps. Mmmm.
Eli can eat a whole piece of pizza in one bite...
but it takes a while.


Here's what Michelle, Kelly, Grifinn, Betty and I were up to during their visit:
We made Chelle the first dress I've ever made. The braids make it look a bit Dorothy-ish, but otherwise it's totally cute.
Grifinn picked out fabrics, cut strips, and did some sewing on her Elvis Rocker quilt. I'm just finishing it up for her and will send it out soon.
Kelly made her very own reversable purse.
Here's the other side. Gorgeous! We're a regular Swiss Family Robinson of craft. I can't wait to find out who is in my uterus and start sewing for him or her! I'm unstopable!

In other news, I with I had some photos of last night's festivities. The roomies, Eric and I went to the Nuggets/Hornets game. It was a good game and all, but the best part was that it was 80s night and VANILLA ICE PERFORMED AT HALF TIME! It rocked.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Full disclosure: Jessa made the purse actually look and function like a purse. When I left it, it was just 4 hunks of fabric on which I'd sewn pockets.

Credit where it's due, dearie! =0)

Mama V said...

Eli's hair is looking so long and curly!

Can't wait to see what you're like later on in pregnancy during the nesting phase... ;)

Those quilts are amazing, by the way.

The Giauques said...

You are amazing, Jessa. Every time I check your blog, I am in awe of your craftiness! Eli and Baby Decker-Smith #2 are lucky little ducks! Miss you, a, g & w

amy said...

All your sewing is so wonderful! I'm so excited for you about your new little one on the way. Eli will certainly make a sweet big brother.

msrevolution said...

love the quilts, the purse, and the DRESS!!!! wooohhhh, i'm so impressed. it fits her so well! is that an amy butler pattern?

p.s. those curls on eli are adorable.

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

If I could bottle just an ounce of your craftiness, I could make a fortune!!!