Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eli's First Day of School

But first...some playground fun from yesterday.
Eli and Inara get silly.
Eli talks Yaya into sliding Harry over and over and over and over...
Contemplating the slide.


OK! Now for our big excitement for the day (no, not childbirth). Today was Eli's first day of two day a week preschool. He was soooooooooooooo stinkin' cute.
He's been wearing his back pack empty all week. When I put it on him this morning full of school stuff, he toppled backward. Classic.
Backpack...check. Tiger lunch box...check. Harry...check.
My boy's all grown up.
He looks jazzed doesn't he?
Jazzed or petrified?
Delicious.
And...he happily went to playing. We said our goodbye. No tears from Eli. No tears from Mama.

Then, here's what we found when we came to pick him up. Notice Eli in the assistant's lap in the background weeping, and the teacher with that, "No really, he was fine most of the time." face.

He missed his Mama.
Here he is showing off the pink bunny he got for being a new member of the bunny class.
I think the caption to his photo includes some choice words. You can interpret for yourselves.
Wild-eyed survivor.
After pick-up Yaya and I took Eli to the park. He proudly clutched his Bunny Class bunny.
And, enjoyed a first-day-of-school Sunday.
Sweet sweet boy. I keep reminding myself that he's still just my little one-year-old. He's not off to college yet, even though he felt so grown up today. He still needs me and I still definitely need him. A lot. Even though while he was at school I got a leisurely lunch and saw a movie with my Mom, I still prefer to have him around.

And in other news...still no Tummy Baby.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

When Grifinn started "school" at 18 months, I went with her for the first 3 weeks, initially for the whole day, but tapering off eventually. I was "that mom", but I didn't care. :) I made friends with the teachers and the kids were adorable and I had nowhere else to be so whatever.

Flash forward to Felix: Dropped his adorably-diapered butt off at 3 months old and never looked back! Ok, not really ... I visited everyday at lunch to b-feed him for almost a year, til he graduated from the infant class to young waddlers. LOL

-poonestd (I'm not EVEN touching that one!)