Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eight Lovely Years

Eight years ago today, at dusk, on a steamy hot summer's night in Hickory, North Carolina, we were married. It was an incredible day, full of love and celebration. And they've been eight wonderful years, each better than the last. This one has been the best though, because little Eli has multiplied our joy. Here's how:
Eating his new dinosaur and looking peaceful.
Finding ways to be entertained, even when being forced to shop for many hours with Mama and Auntie Selena.
Peeping in on Auntie Selena.
The sweetest baby face.
The sweetest baby roar laugh.
Here's to the next eight! Much love!

4 comments:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

Congrats!

Kelly said...

8 in 2008 ... lucky numbers! Someday, many moons from now no doubt, I should be so fortunate to have someone as devoted to me as Eric is to Jessa, and vice versa. See? I'm not a total cynic! :)

Happy Anniversary!

Jodhi said...

Happy Anniversary, beautiful Decker-Smith family!!!! Ya'll had such a beautiful wedding! Great pictures, and we miss you guys so much! I'm gonna have to conquer my fear of flying very soon and come see you!

Mama V said...

Wow, congrats!

Don't know if you remember me, but I've been a long-time lurker (at least since I finally figured out your blog address through the Fletcher blog).

Eli is a peach!