Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Photo Fun

What a lovely Saturday, preceded by a somewhat less lovely Friday night/Saturday early morning. Thing is, Eli's forgotten how to sleep. So nobody's sleeping much around here. At least not at night. During his morning nap this morning, I slept, and now Eric's snoozing through his afternoon nap. So, I blog. We've been lazing in between all the napping and once my boys wake up we're going to have a lovely dinner at Sweet Tomatoes (the best salad joint ever) , followed by a trip to the bookstore to read books on baby sleep, and an evening jaunt to the park. Sounds nice, no?

So, we've had much fun lately. Here's photographic evidence:

First...meet Farmer Eli! We had the grand idea to head over to our friends' the Vineyards' farm yesterday. They needed their lawnmower back and we needed a fun outing. So, I loaded up their mower and headed over to the farm. I wasn't sure how Eli would react to critters bigger than our cats. Well, he LOVED it! He cackled with laughter and jumped right in head and hands first. We met a farm dog, three sheep, 6 pigs (including the biggest one I've ever seen, Sapphire), and four horses. We even went in the corral with the four very friendly horses, and proceeded to be surrounded. Eli wasn't phased (I was a bit). Unfortunately the camera battery died about three minutes into our visit. The photos I got came from the phone, so they're not great. And I so wish I could have gotten a video of Eli's guffawing. We'll definitely make a return trip and make sure our camera is fully charged.




And now, another selection of hat photos. I cannot resist a hat photo op.
Ello Govneh.
Yee Haw.
Ole!

And, some random fun:
Sweet new curls.
Yay! Spoons!
Whoa. Spoons.
My sweet happy fellas.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Posted by Mama

2 comments:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

The curls are to die for!!!

Mama V said...

The farm pics: what fun!

The no-sleeping: no fun! We highly recommend two books - for the why's about kid sleep, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Weissbluth. For the how-to's, "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Pantley (I think). Good luck!