Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day and Other Fun!

Today has been the loveliest of days. We celebrated my first Mother's Day with yummy food and a gorgeous day in the park with my fellas. It could not have been sweeter. Well, that's not true. It could have been sweeter if I had not been up making pots until...wait for it...FIVE A.M. So, Eli and I snoozed through church, and then met Eric for a yummy lunch at the Spaghetti Factory, and then off to Washington Park for napping, playing, crawling, rolling, nursing, snuggling and laughing.

It was an amazingly gorgeous day and the park was packed with people celebrating Moms. I can't believe I am in that category and have been for nearly 7 1/2 months. It is incredible, every day, to be the happy mommy of our fabulous Eli. I am so lucky to have him as my son. Besides being undeniably adorable, Eli has a humor and joie de vivre that are contagious. We absolutely cherish his presence in our lives. Here are a few shots from our day: Then we finished off the day with dinner at Macaroni Grill. You'd think we were preparing for a marathon with all the pasta we've eaten today, but no. Eli held court with the ladies while we were waiting for a table. The little one on the left was somewhat more interested in the sweet potato puffs than Eli.

Thank you to all who called/emailed/sent cards and goodies wishing me a happy first Mother's Day. It feels incredibly special.

Sunny - hilarious gift. I LOVE it! I thought the title on the shipping form was literal and was prepared for something completely different. But all in our house have enjoyed it.

And now for some other fun! Here are just some cute shots from the week. This week we've seen lots of messy faces, psuedo crawling, and smiling. Enjoy!
Messy and perplexed.
Messy enough to require a wardrobe change. Outfits on the head are an easy laugh around here.
The new wardrobe and a classic Eli face.
Super messy face.
A clean jammied man looking out the window before bed. He loves sitting here and seeing the woods and his reflection, and banging on the glass.

And for more fun...BUBBLES!
Happy Mothers' Day to all you lovely Mamas out there!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I hope you have radiant floor heating cuz otherwise "brrr-my-belly's-cold" to those bubble shots. =0)

Otherwise, good times!