Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Bad Idea, A Big Critter, and A Puddle Walk

The bad idea. If my water breaks on this trampoline, it will not be because I haven't been warned. Get a look at that belly. I have three months...THREE MONTHS PEOPLE. I don't think I have three months of growing room left. Last Sunday an older man at church asked me if I'm having twins. And this guy is not a joker. He was serious. And I couldn't tell him no without a little smidgen of doubt. Yes, we've had two ultrasounds, and yes, they've only seen our one little guy - but, I'm putting it out there - if it's twins, I won't be surprised. My belly is giant and there's enough movement going on for at least two babies, so who knows.
The big critter. Caught us an elk! We had a friend over for homemade pizza and a bon fire the other night. During dinner he pointed behind me and said, what is that behind your shoulder? That freaked me out a bit, but he was referring to the elk in the corral. The corral has one open side, and critters like it in there. It's almost always full of deer, but tonight we had an elk. Eric and I also saw our first mountain lion on our way home last night.
The puddle walk. We have had more rain in the last two weeks than we've had since we have been in Colorado. It's been lovely. So today we pulled on the bear boots and slicker and went out to puddle jump.
Good times.
Eli loves to check the mail. It's our daily post-nap ritual.

6 comments:

Sabina said...

Hello! I'm from Argentina. I arrive at your blog just sailing and I started to read it because I'm learning english and I wanted to know if I could understand something more than my books!
Well, thanks for teaching me something of your language!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jessa! I was in need of a dose of Eli. Tell Eric he is off the hook for a while.
Twins or not, you and your belly are lovely.
Allie

amy said...

Oh girl! I'm sure it's not twins, but my mom found out she was having twins 1 hour before birth! Surprises have happened before....but I'm sure it's not twins. You look amazing and beautiful!

Mama B said...

Twins are fun. :) This coming from someone who only has twins, not twins and a toddler.

The Ultimate Mama said...

you are de-lish either way.

Steve and Kelly said...

Jess-
They said that about me months before Logan was born too. At least the delivery was fast...
It'll be over before you know it.