Saturday, May 9, 2009

Eli's 1st Real Haircut

We have reached a milestone around here. For most of Eli's 19 months I have sworn not to cut his sweet little curls until he's old enough to ask for a haircut. I caved. He's been getting called "her" more often than not lately, and when he doesn't look like a girl, he looks like a ratty trucker. So, we took the plunge and made an appointment to rid him of the shaggy mullet seen above.
"Sure, I'll sit in this cool jeep seat and drink my milk. No biggie."
"Wait! What's this lady doing to me. Nooooooo!"
"This is abuse!"
"Hmmm, but this sucker tastes yummy."
"Not yummy enough!"
"Mommy, how could you?"
Here we are post-haircut at the toy store. Doesn't he look handsome? The stylist did a wonderful job. She was undeterred by his wailing. And she gave us just what we asked for - we got to keep some curls and he doesn't look like he's ready to go off to first grade. He's still our baby, just without the mullet.
See? Still super cute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought it was possible, but he looks even cuter than he did!!
Love,
Allie

msrevolution said...

wow, that looks excellent! i've been scared to cut mccool's hair but eli's cut prooves that there are alternatives to the "young man" cut!

The Giauques said...

Awwwwww. Eli looks SO handsome!! I was nervous about cutting William's hair too, but I think they look so cute after getting trimmed and then they look cute after a few weeks when they start to get shaggy again. Little boys are just plain cute. That's all there is to it!

Mama B said...

I love it. He's got a great head of hair.

Mama V said...

Sooo cute. What a brave boy you are, Eli!

The Ultimate Mama said...

indeed still cute.