Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Nursery is Ready!

I know at the bottom of this post it says "posted by Eric," but this is Jessa. Blogger does not seem to like me to post as Jessa, so I'm incognito as Eric until I can figure out how to blog as me. This is my 1st blog entry and it's a good one because I spent all day putting the nursery together and it makes me giddy! I hope it makes you giddy too!

Here are our boy's new digs:


His room was painted a super fun color called Spiny Sea Urchin (by the fabulous Selena) and I added a big tree with little fat birds behind his crib and stick trees on the opposite wall. Please note the fabulous bedding and window treatments, custom made by the amazing Selena. I think this should be her new vocation. This is the cutest baby bedding I've ever seen, and it's blissfully void of cheesy critters. Our own cheesy critter Wendell is there on the floor, eyes aglow.



Here's a closeup of the crib, bedding, and tree with fat birdies (love those fat birdies!). Notice in the corner of the crib Eric's brown bear from childhood - named Jess, coincidentally.



Here is where his tiny hiney will be cleaned. The leafy rectangle above the changing table is the perfect wall sconce for our nursery which I found at IKEA. Love that IKEA.



Here's his dresser and reading corner. That lamp is also from IKEA and is on a dimmer, for baby ambience (see below).



Now, aren't you giddy? Me too!

Later - Jessa (not Eric)

5 comments:

Audrey Connor said...

i LOOOOVE the room - and the belly looks great too. i can't wait to meet jacob

Audrey

Eric said...

Jacob?

For the record--Audrey has no inside information on the child's name.

But it's not Jacob. We watch too much LOST for it to be Jacob.

Jaime said...

Jessa, I love the room! It looks fanastic!!

Eric, I agree on Jacob. On LOST, he's freaky. I'm sure your child will not be freaky.

Melanie said...

The nursery is beautiful--and Jessa, you are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The room looks amazing for your little one! I can't wait to meet him and to visit with you guys in November!!!! I miss you lots! You look fabulous Jessa!!!

Christa