Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome


I added a stat tracking thingy to this blog, to see how many folks were coming to visit, and from where (we had one visitor from Nigeria, oddly enough). Even though there's not necessarily a lot to say at this point (we'll have our final ultrasound next week, when there will lots to say and maybe some pictures to post), I thought it'd be good to give all of you good people something to read. And don't forget--you can leave comments about posts, whether you have an account or not!

Right now we're FINALLY finishing the unpacking, 6 weeks later. We've been doing too much remodeling to really unpack up to this point. We've got every room mostly done, except for the baby's room, which is painted and carpeted, but not organized, set up, or in any way ready. That, I am told, is Jessa's agenda for tomorrow. We've got everything we need for in there except for a set of white drawers, which we're scouring the secondhand market to find. The child has a lot of clothes, and there's currently nowhere to put them.

Jessa's studio is about 70% set up, thanks mostly to the efforts of our friend Tommy, who is also a potter and who was out last week doing a lot of the work. The gas kiln isn't even ordered yet, but everything else is mostly in place.

Work for me (Eric) is going well. I had my first youth group meeting last night, and while it left me exhausted, I think it went well.

6 weeks from yesterday is the due date! Oh boy.....

Until we get next week's ultrasound pictures, here's the one from a LONG time ago, when he was just about the size of a hand. For comparison's sake, he's now almost 5 pounds and 20 inches long.

2 comments:

Audrey Connor said...

beautiful boy!

Melanie said...

Hello! I'm super excited that you all have a blog and now I can keep up with what's going on with baby and with you. I miss you guys...I know it's been forever, hasn't it? I'm so excited for you about all that's happening in your lives! I have a blog too on here as you can see, though lately, I've been slack in keeping it up...I go in phases. Give each other a hug for me! much love