Thursday, September 6, 2007

Flip Attempts

Okay, so here's the word from spinningbabies.com:
"Get a broad plank of wood, like an ironing board. Prop it at an angle against the couch or a chair. A few pillows stuffed around the base will help prevent tipping. Another pillow goes under your neck. The funny thing is next. Lie on the board with your head down and feet resting on either side of the board on the couch. Try it a couple times to get it right. Then remain on the board for up to 20 minutes, 3 times a day."

That is called the Breech Tilt, and it's supposed to coax the baby toward my upper body, so that when I get out of the position, he's loose and free to flip upside down. I think it might work, because when I'm in the tilt, he definitely moves toward my chest, and when I get up, I can feel him shifting and resettling. I don't think he's resettled into a head down position yet, but maybe one of these times he will.

I'm really trying to talk him into it, because being on the plank it quite unpleasant. It hurts in lotsa ways, and it's given me permanent reflux - but if it works it'll all be worth it. I've made a little chart to check off the times I need to do this between now and Monday. It will need to be done a total of 15 times, and I've done 4 (one last night and 3 today) - so I've colored in 4 little hearts on my chart. I know it's lame - but I'm all about the small rewards.

At the very least, Eric and I have found it quite comical and have gotten some laughs out of it. Here, now you can too:

Eric and I have been intentional of late about having lots of date nights. Tonight we enjoyed dinner and a movie. We saw Death at a Funeral, a quite entertaining British comedy. We got home about 10pm, both exhausted. But then I got a hankering for milk of all things. So Eric is off at the grocery store - bless his heart! I promised I would stay awake until he got back with my milk, so I'm blogging to keep me up.

Eric has orientation at school tomorrow, and he officially begins work on his PhD next week! He's so excited and nervous - it's really cute.

Thanks everybody for all the happy flipping wishes. We feel hopeful that he will flip, but if he doesn't, we will be blessed with a little backward baby!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Is that a Teletubby on the table behind you?

Jaime said...

Thinking very happy flippy thoughts for you in Asheville!! :)

Kelly said...

NM. I shoulda maximized the photo. Just a boring ol' h2o bottle.

Er, I mean. Made ya look!