Friday, September 4, 2009

Eli's New Do

It was time. Shaggy Manny here needed a new do.
I got all the necessary tools: spray bottle, comb, scissors, popsicle.
This time I didn't mess around. I'm making this face in all the photos...so apparently I was in the zone.
So was Eli.
This works so much better than when we try to pay someone to do it.

Viola! He looks so grown up now, and I must say I did a mighty fine job. Still silly...
Hanging on the playground.
Oh my. So big.
I even cut off the little flippy curl at the base of his neck. How brave am I?
Amos was unimpressed.
zzzz.
It appears Eli is looking for treasure, when in reality he's cooking up some of his own...in his diaper. I give you...Poop Stance.
Eli was highly entertained by putting rocks in the garbage. Simple pleasures, ya know?
A little gal got in on the fun and Eli, emboldened by his new mature haircut was the most forward he's ever been. He actually took a step toward her, on purpose, instead of running in the opposite direction.
This face is priceless.
Amos took a ride in the mei tie carrier. Fun!
And then he slept some more.

He woke up a bit ago and had the longest bought of awake alert time of his life. It was so so sweet.

5 comments:

msrevolution said...

i'm so impressed with the haircut!

Anonymous said...

Really Jessa, is there ANYTHING you can't do?
Allie

Sunny B. Ridings said...

Here's to sleepy babies and big boy haircuts! Go Jessa!

Mama V said...

So funny -- Lucas's hair was also a big mop at the time of Jesse's birth (it was on our to-do list for the week but Jesse came early). As if it wasn't enough to compare the two and already feel like Lucas was all of a sudden such.a.big.boy after Jesse came, it was stunning how that haircut that followed Jesse's birth made him look even more grown-up.

Neither of my boys has ever seen the inside of a barbershop. I figure it's more cash left over for a dinner out, or a babysitter, or a mani/pedi for mama, or...

Hurray for cute homestyle haircuts (and saving big money for mama to spend)!!

The Giauques said...

I love Eli's new do and the "poop stance" pic is priceless. You are amazing, Jessa. I can't believe all of the adventures that you've already had during Amos' first week!