Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Merry!

W
We hope all had a lovely Christmas today! We discovered that Christmas with a one-year-old can't be beat. There's unbridled bliss followed by naps. Can't be beat.I got one of my Christmas goodies early. Eli's Grandma and Grandpa Decker gave me the new addition seen here - Betty Decker-Smith! She's got her own little nook up in our room and she and I have spent lots of quality time together since she arrived. It's a perfect match.
Betty and I made my first quilt. Actually, it's one of those cheater's quilts that is a piece of fabric with the design already on it. But I quilted some around the edges. It's so fun - it's got height measurements up the vines and milestone markers on the leaves. We love it. Betty and I are now working on an actual quilt, which requires actual sewing of strips and squares. Photos to follow...
We also made another pair of overalls. So cute.
Eli and I met our good friend Maya and her Mama, Yuko at breakfast foods on Tuesday. They had loads of fun. We'll see them in a few weeks when they get back from their adventure in Japan! Have fun!
Eli was pretty mellow that day. While we were there amongst gobs of wild-Christmas-vacation-forced-to-go-last-minute-shopping kids, Eli kept stopping to lie down and take little reststops. One kid took that as an opportunity to pig-pile him, which he didn't really mind.
Our Christmas morning was so fun. Eli was extremely pleased with his train table.
He played there for hours.
There was so much - he had to just take it all in.
He got some bear snow boots from Grandma and Grandpa - and, as a bonus, they matched his bear jammies.
After playing and breakfast, there was napping. Ahhhh, napping.
Here is my favorite Christmas present from hubby. Thanks to my secret Santa's helper elf, Vanessa, who is not only the guru of all my best jewels, but she's an excellent "little birdie" as well (as in, "Merry Christmas Jessa, a little birdie told me you would like these earrings.") She's such a smart little birdie.

So, after napping and lunch, we ventured out to the park on this semi-warm day. And then we went to see Marley and Me with the rest of West Denver. Dad and Carol - you're right - don't go see it. It was really sweet, but towards the end the entire theatre errupted in sobs. Kids, adults, men, women, all sobbing uncontrollably.

Hope all had days that were merry and bright!

2 comments:

The Giauques said...

Merry Christmas, guys! So glad yours was wonderful. Looks like Eli and Jessa made out like bandits this year. What fabulous gifts! Hopefully Eric got something that he loves too. So sorry to hear about Marley and Me; I was looking forward to seeing it.

Mama V said...

Oh, how did I miss this earlier? The earrings look GREAT on you, Jessa! Way to catch my subtle hints, Eric. ;)