Sunday, December 14, 2008

N.C. Visit, Special Extended Episode, The Sequel

Again, I apologize. I have no brevity when it comes to photos of Eli.
On the last day of our trip we picked up a buddy, Eli's cousin Hunter. Eli didn't know what to make of a new baby in the car. We took the boys to my grandparent's house and then to Aunt Lisa and Uncle Dennis's for the night.
Eli did the golf ball dance on Papa's bed.
Papa mesmerized Eli with golf ball magic tricks.
Duck talk.
Mama snuggle.
Both boys zonked out on the way to Lisa and Dennis's house.
Cheese.
The boys had a big time with fun Aunt Lisa!
Eli even had some unexpected Christmas presents to open and play with with Hunter.
Hunter was more interested in that bow.
Sweet blue eyes.
What's next?
The Dog, Duck, and Lisa Show!
Playin' the drums.
"He looks hungry."
Sleepy sweaty Eli on the way home, breaking FAA regulations, the little rebel.
I love this shot of the boys. They both love the window seat.
Working in the new teeth under the watchful eye of Archie Monkey.
"I found a shoe down here."
We got home yesterday afternoon. Eli would not nap (instead he spent the time quietly peeling all the artwork of the wall above his crib. Sad). So Eric took him to the grocery. He was out cold when they got home so I laid him under the tree for a quick nap before dinner.
zzzz.
The hat toss.
Brushing while I primped.
Oh, the excitement! Sweet Gram (Eric's mom) paid for my spree at the fabulous fabric store in Asheville. When I got home I went straight to sewing. It occurred to me that Eli didn't have a holiday outfit. So I made him one! It's hard to tell, but the swirlies on this fabric are strings of Christmas lights. It's really good that my sewing obsession began early in his life, because a one-year-old can get away with wearing such a dorky garment. An eight-year-old can't.
Oh so cute!
Eli has gotten really bold now that he's conquered walking. He climbed right up on his step stool and had a little snack. He's growing before our very eyes! It's wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time.



Eli walks over for a Mama snuggle.


Eli walks over for a Dada snuggle.

3 comments:

The Ultimate Mama said...

i think 8 years old is definately the cut off for decorative overalls. good call.

The Giauques said...

So sweet. Love the overalls and the good blog work, Jessa!

msrevolution said...

which fabric store did you go to in asheville? there are just so many good ones! and you must share with me your overalls pattern. mccool's out of the overalls phase right now while we are so early into our potty trained existance, but it's not too late for #2! love the shots of eli in front of the tree...