Thursday, August 21, 2008

Red Rocks, Park Walks, and Mama Talk

Last night Eric and I spent the evening at Red Rock watching a performance of Garrison Keillor's radio show, A Prairie Home Companion. It was a lovely way to spend an evening. Red Rocks is amaaaaaazing. I would go see John Tesh there if he played Red Rocks. It's that beautiful.
The audience sits in a canyon between two huge rock formations and beyond the stage you can see all of Denver including downtown.
During a Suzy Boggess song, the big red moon began to rise over the stage beyond the city.
Within the length of the song the enitre moon crested the skyline. Breathtaking.
Riding the hippo. Ooooooo.
Going up...
And coming down, safely. A new skill.
Today I took Eli running in the park. Then I remembered that running is stupid and I hate it. Especially in this altitude and bone dry, hellish hotness. Stupid, stupid, stupid. But, I had fun sitting on the bench with Eli after the run. He was oodles of cute.
Checking out what's back there.
Denver has great parks. Washington Park is our favorite. Two lakes, two playgrounds, tons of walking/running trails. Lots of kids and critters to watch.
Love the chins!
Blue Eyes, Blue Sky.
And now, a celebration of Mama. More specifically a celebration that Eli has finally realized that he and I are not one being, and therefore has given me a name. He calls me Mama. It's music to my ears. So, in honor of my ceremonious naming, a few shots of my boy and me.
No more kisses mama!


My boy is the peaches...and the cream.


Eli wants to walk so bad he can taste it. He'll go anywhere on earth as long as he has two handfuls of something to hold on to. Let go of one hand and he forgets that his knees can bend and stumbles around like Frankenstein. Today he got two fistfuls of stroller and walked all over the park.

1 comment:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

Yeah! "MAMA!" It won't be long before he'll be running you know?