Sunday, September 14, 2008

Eli Epic, Volume 97

It has been suggested that I need a twelve step program for my rub-on transfer addiction. I think it would also be good if I found one for photo taking and over-blogging.

We had a lovely weekend. Eric took the middle school youth on a mission/camping adventure, so Eli and I were on our own. We mixed up our days with crafty quiet, and boisterous play with friends. Here...for your enjoyment, the weekend play by play.Friday: It rained! We loved it. I've been waiting for an opportunity to deck him out in his slicker and in Colorado, that's a long wait. But Friday morning was rainy, so off to swimming we went in our matching slickers. It felt like we were going out to sea.
Buckled up and ready to go. Notice his new dragon/dinosaur/lizard socks, complete with claws.
Friday after swimming we had a lovely quiet crafternoon. I cordoned off the upstairs, so he could explore our room and his, but not get to the stairs. He wandered in and out, played and read, while I worked on his birthday invitations. Notice Eli is engaged in a serious monkey snuggle.
It's tough to be a stuffed animal around here.
But they do get some of the best snuggling.
He found something new to climb on.
It was tall enough to see out the window. Hello forest.
I snuck in on him reading and talking in his room. We are both enjoying a new happy independence. And love of books.
Morning! It's Saturday.
"I love my crib. Can I eat it?"
He's looking really hard because I have asked him where the moon is.
Found it!
Now, don't be grossed out, but I thought I should record Eli in one of his favorite places. I never imagined I'd live somewhere that had a bidet. It's quite entertaining if you want to know the truth, and Eli loves it. We don't use it for it's intended purpose, but it makes a cool fountain (which he knows how to turn on). Don't worry, it's clean.
Saturday after a jaunt to the library and playgound, Eli and I went to the fancy mall to get my eyebrows shaped. Somehow at the spur of the moment, in classic Jessa style, I decided to get a haircut too. The hairdresser was very skilled, because she caped us both and cut my hair while Eli did his best jazzercise moves in my lap. Eli got the cool zebra print cape. Jealous!And here's the new do, which I really like. And Eli, mid-sneeze.
And now Sunday...glorious Sunday. We woke, ate, played, ate, played, napped. Which meant I slept while he did from 9-11 a.m. Glorious. Then we met up with good friends Eve and Magical Miles for lunch. Notice the big crumb on Eli's nose. He wore it all through lunch.
Miles and Eli are great buds. Eve was dolling out the food as fast as she could. Eli patiently signed more even though he has a pile of food in front of him. What funny boys!
They shared!
Then Eli and I hit the park.
"Parks are fun."
Then home for dinner where Eli decided backwards in the highchair was more fun.
Nice technique backwards man.
What a lovely weekend. Hope yours was too!

3 comments:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

I love the rain gear! I for one do not think that you need a blogging intervention. I live for new pics and info! Keep it coming!

Kelly said...

Uber-cute hair, sis!

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

BTW I LOVE the hair!! Super cute--reminds me of the good old days!