Saturday, September 6, 2008

Random Saturday Goodness

We had a lovely Saturday. Hope you did too. Today, Eli slept until 7am, and then played with Daddy a while so I could sleep until....11am! It was beautiful. Then we had a lovely lunch and played in the park.
Eli swung. He wore his john deere shirt (from Auntie Sunny) and his fire shades. Too cool.
He's getting to try out much more stuff on the playground. He's such a big boy.
Eli and Dad, very, very cool.
After the park, we took an unexpected trip to the Jeep dealership. Long story short, we wanted to get our oil changed. The service department was really busy so they couldn't get us in. So, instead we traded in our car for a Jeep Commander. That's not exactly how it went, but basically we were interested in a little more space, and a lower payment, and we got both with this trade. We also got great safety - side airbags and back up sensors. And now, someone can ride in the passenger seat without eating their knees - not possible in the old car with the car seat in it. Eli was a champ through the whole ordeal. He was all smiles until we were almost done. We had a quick dinner and headed home. He snoozed all the way.
I have been uber crafty of late. Most of my craftiness deals with Eli's upcoming birthday. I'm hand making his invitations and envelopes. I am newly in love with a crafy thing called "Rub Ons." You can get them in all kinds of designs, and you use a pen or coin to rub the image onto the surface you would like it. I have used it to make personalized envelopes.
They are so fun!
Now I search for something to decorate. Here is my newly decorated laptop. I love it's green cover, and now it has brown birdies on it. This is so Jessa.
Megan brought Christa and I the best present home from Boston: Obama Paper Dolls!
You get scantily clad Barack...
Michelle and the girls...
And lots of fun outfits.

As well as an official Election Night Score Card. I can't wait to use this!!!

In other news, I baked bread tonight. And not from a box. I used actual ingredients. Someone gave me an Amish Friendship Bread Starter (obviously this person was not my close friend, since she assumed I cook), and I have cared for it for ten days and tonight I followed the instructions and baked it, and it was delicious! Part of the process also makes 4 new starters, so tomorrow I'm taking my fresh baked bread and Amish Bread Starters to the church picnic. How Preacher's Wifey am I?

3 comments:

Mama V said...

So cute, Jessa! Lucas and I are making his bday invites, so maybe I'll look into this option!

The Obama family is so darn handsome.

And Eli too, of course.

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

Someone actually thought you might bake? How random! lol! I love the fact that you guys go in for an oil change and come out with a new vehicle! Love YA!

Kelly said...

Amish Friendship Bread's more like banana/zucchini/sweet bread* than a yeasty bread, yeah?

I have a good no-knead crusty bread recipe, if ya'd like. =0)

Did you mention where to find the rub-on thingamabobs?

XO
AK

(*Not to be confused with sweetbreads, which are neither sweet nor bread, nor are they vegetarian-friendly.)