Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Miles, We Miss You William, and Go Mama!

Last night we celebrated the 1st birthday of one of Eli's best friends, the marvelous Miles! Miles ate up the scores of admirers, and his yummy cake!His sweet Mama, Eve threw such a lovely 1st party for Miles. She beamed with love and pride for her little guy.
Eli enjoyed an electric blue cupcake...
very much.
We also partied with Eli's friend William. William and his family are moving to Idaho and we're so sad! We're going to miss them like crazy!
William is the synthesizer maestro, and you should see him dance to his tunes. It's something to behold!
He and Eli had such a fun first year together. We wish them all the best!
Hangin' in Daddy's Jeep.
Newly named, "Yellow Jeep."
Now, be impressed. Today Eli and I ran a 5K together. We joined Eric and a bunch of his youth for the run supporting "Second Wind," which works to prevent teen suicide. Here we are at the finish. I REALLY wanted to walk at this point, but couldn't let the camera catch that. Eli enjoyed the ride...
And the throngs of Eric's youth who showered him with constant attention. It's good to be the youth director's kid.


After being in the car seat or stroller all day, Eli was euphoric to come home and get his wiggle on. Hear the squeals of delight as I chase him up the stairs. And nothing beats a little naked time to help one relax after a long day. I've finished Eli's invitations and here's what they look like. A lovely friend (Mama V) suggested this necklace to me because of my recent bird obsession (see the rub-on entries, and Eli's mural). Lisa Leonard is the artist and you can find her designs at http://lisaleonardonline.com/. I loved Mama V's suggestion, it was so me, so I ordered it. Here is the final customized piece. It is beautiful and will be my new nearly daily choice of accessory. Thanks Mama V!

Off to sleep and lounge, post-race.

3 comments:

never had a nickname said...

it looks like eli ate a smurf.

Mama V said...

Wow, the necklace came fast! I love seeing his name on it.

Can't wait to see/hear about Eli's birthday now... Love the book exchange idea!

Mama B said...

i'm totally getting a Leonard necklace too w/the babes names on it. I bookmarked it for the hubby for christmas.

Nekkid baby bottoms are always funny.