Saturday, October 11, 2008

Get Ready - Longest Birthday Blog Ever

But first...some pics from earlier in the week:
My boys - out to eat and coloring.
Eli, playing in the rocks at the pool and gazing hazily.
Inara, Paxton, and Eli with the red wagon.
I just like this shot.
Having a pre-swim snack.
Jonah and Eli rocking the pumpkin hoodies.
Now - party time! Here is the mini smash cake for Eli. I had such fun making it! I put it together from pieces of other cupcakes. I might start a new career as an owl cake maker.

The party was at the pumpkin patch at the botanical gardens. It was a major shindig - pumpkin patch, corn mazes, pony rides, barrel rides, ride rides, magic show, booths, concessions, etc. The weather has been iffy all week, and we're expecting snow later today and tomorrow. It was pretty mucky and rainy - but that wasn't going to stop us from partying! The babies had a blast getting all muddy.
Then for the rest of the crowd we served a pumpkin patch of cupcakes. Yum!
I'm quite proud of the spread (as cooking is not my gift). Christa was critical to the food prep team. She and I spent all yesterday afternoon in the kitchen crafting Halloween themed treats: sandwiches and cheese in spooky shapes, apples with caramel and festive sprinkles, "devilled" eggs, complete with little red devil horns, and other treats. Munchies were a hit!
Almost all the kiddos came in costume. Eli rocked out his turtle suit, with every green garment I could find layered underneath.
He was very puffy.
Jonah dug the balloons in this fabulous puppy costume his mama made!
Mama and Turtle (with mouth full of cantelope).
Happy Birthday to You!
Sweet Kitty Katie!
Stuffed Turtle.
Eric's Dad and his wife came up from Abilene, TX for Eli's party. Hi Grandpa!
Eli was ornery until we let him down to play. He loved playing in the hay and especially the mud.
Princess Inara!
Christa and Eli - best buds.
Checking out the produce.
Magical Manuela on the move!
Eli, post mudfest.
Marvelous Maya, in a daze.
Puddle fun.
Last year he had his picture taken in the pumpkins, most of which were bigger than he was. Not any more.
Gorgeous Grace waves bye bye.
All partied out. We shucked him out of his muddy clothes and used Dada's t-shirt for pants and a spare hoodie for a shirt. What fun. Now...he sleeps.

I'm so thankful the friends we've made here. Last year we were new in town and mostly on our own. Today ten families came to celebrate Eli's first year. Thanks friends!

4 comments:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I hate I don't live closer so I could celebrate with you! Kudos on the cakes and muchies Jessa!

Mama V said...

What fun! What a party! Hurray, Eli! (Hurray, Jessa!)

Pictures 1 and 3 remind me of E.T. somehow.

restless said...

What a difference a year makes. I have loved watching him grow over the last year. Precious babes sure enrich and fill your soul don't they? I still cry when I think for a moment what my life would be like without them- and mine are 8 and 11. I still can't believe that I was allowed to get in line for this ride. It's crazy but I wouldn't miss it.

Anonymous said...

Ditto Jessa we love having you guys around!!!
Shana, Inara & Scotty
xxxx