Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st - Labor Day

I'm going to take a cue from Amy, Maid Marian's Mama, and celebrate today, October 1st, as my day. Tomorrow will be Eli's day - more specifically his 1st birthday! But today, I'm celebrating my labor day. One year ago today I began to feel - well, different. Our breech baby had been flipped, and I had worked tirelessly to finish large orders before he came. But on this day, after unloading a kiln while contracting, I called my Mama (who is all knowing about such things), told her what I was feeling and she said "this might be it!" We visited our midwife for the second time that day, and I was indeed in labor. She sent us over to the hospital, and we went to work bringing our son into the world.

What followed was simply magical. My experience of labor was actually fun. I had my hubby and mama, excellent music, and a spirit of bliss and excitement. Here, for your memory lane walking pleasure - the Labor Day Blog Entries:

Labor Day Entry 1
Labor Day Entry 2
Labor Day Entry 3
Labor Day Entry 4
Labor Day Entry 5

2 comments:

Mama V said...

Oooh, I LOVE reading birth stories!

If you've done it, you're a queen in my book... Congrats on this 1-yr anniversary!

Jodhi said...

Happy Labor Day! If I could only be as beautiful and composed as you were when my time comes! Love!!!