Friday, October 26, 2007

Monkey Impersonation

Here is our son's imitation of Charly the Cymbal Playing Monkey:
I have been hoping to catch this fabulous impersonation for a while now. It's hard to capture a sneeze on video when it's just me and Eli, but when Eric got home the other night just as Eli was finishing eating, I knew we had it. I LOVE that I can predict his sneezes! If you look closely you'll see me prompt him to sneeze by giving a little fake sneeze, which worked like a charm. Can't you just see the Cymbal Playing Monkey??? (I tried to put a video of the monkey on here to compare, but that was too complicated.)

Things are moving right along around here. Eli is 3 1/2 weeks old. Wow! He's growing bigger and more expressive every day. He's doing pretty well with sleeping, with an off night here and there. He certainly doesn't sleep "through the night" but we do get a nice 3 hour block here and there. He is a champion eater though, and is really starting to get round. He has also discovered that being in the front carrier, the boppy and the swing are not so bad. He napped in the swing yesterday for 2 hours. It was eerie. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with myself, but I did get caught up on emails and phone calls. That was good.

We've been trying to get out there and meet some friends for Eli and Mama. I took my 3 week old child to Book Babies - the story time at the library (for children 6 mos. and up). He slept through it, but was very cute and was quite a hit with all the mommies. We exchanged information with 5 mommies and even had lunch that day with three mommies and their babies. So, we're making connections.

I'm still not eating dairy, beans, or chocolate. There has been marked improvement in his sleeping and general temperment most of the time, but he still has times when it seems like his tummy is bothering him. Maybe his belly is just young and is still working out the kinks.

All in all, week three has been good. We miss all our family and friends desperately, and hope to see some of you soon! Your comments, cards, happy thoughts, food, and baby goodies have warmed our hearts and sustained us so far away. We love you all.

Here are some new pics:
A hat and booties really make the whole outfit.
Auntie Kelli H. sent Eli a bunch of great Carolina gear and a highchair! Thanks a million Auntie Kelli! Go heels!
Pig pile on Eric.
Boo.
Trying out independence in the Boppy.
Here Eli's sporting his cool Halloween onsie from Auntie Sunny B! Thanks Auntie Sunny!
All tuckered out.
Posted by Mama.

3 comments:

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

That is the cutest and funniest thing I've ever seen. I'm glad things are going better with the tummy thing. Have a great weekend.

Sunny B. Ridings said...

Eli makes me laugh out loud from several states away. The Halloween onesie looks very handsome with brown cords- nicely done.

Kelly said...

Impressive trick!

Unless you have 23:59 consecutive hours of Eli video, throughout which you're prompting him to have a semi-autonomous, convulsive expulsion of air from the lungs. ... then I call shenanigans! :0)