Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Update 2


I asked Jessa if she wanted to dictate an entry...she says "nope, my brain is too foggy."

The girl LOVES her some epidural. She's resting very quietly and peacefully, while the contractions rage on undetected. She's now 8cm, which is pretty darn good, and things are looking promising.

Of course, we've been saying that since about 8pm yesterday.

Thanks for the comments and well-wishes, everyone. I'm reading them out loud to Jessa (who has no fewer than 5 cords/tubes protruding from her, and can't move from bed).

I'm posting a couple of pictures from last night...the first one is with the labor ball, which didn't end up playing too prominent a role in the whole thing. The second one is Jessa and her mom walking last night at about 3...we would do laps from our room to the Well Baby Nursery and back.

We're just waiting and trying to rest now. Jessa's mom and I have both gotten a bite to eat, and everybody's taken 10-minute power naps, so we're primed for whatever comes next.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mommies!!! New mommies and Our mommies!! ;) I'm so glad she's there with you, Jessa!

Kelly said...

OMG I'm just so glad not to see you in one of those ugly-ass hospital gowns. You look like you're off to yoga! Of course, now it's probably more like paraplegic yoga, but still!

Anonymous said...

Jessa, It's true...you are the hottest soon to be mom I've ever witnessed! My page checking is at a sick level. Hope you're still enjoying the good drugs and that Eric is taking plenty of photos.
-SJH

Anonymous said...

Me too, SJH. I can't stop refreshing the page. Seriously every minute! You do look great JESS!

Viki Matson said...

Been checking every few hours...thinking about you so much. Very soon there will be a beautiful new boy in the world -- mind boggling, really!

Thanks for the good updates, Eric, and Jessa, you just look amazing!

Hope it goes well from here on out!
love,
viki

Kelly said...

Ok, I know you're all busy and distracted with baby-birthing, but seriously could you have him before I have to leave 3pm Pacific to go get the kids from their respective programs? The poor laptop is practically a sizzling mess. Actually, sizzling would be be an over-statement of actvity ... it's currently an avant-garde "inbox" for a pile of papers on my desk. Don't make me break out the clunky-ass monitor and tower harddrive! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I've heard women say that their body was made for labor, often with a cosmic hippie-mama look on their face. While I'm sure the female body is made for labor, God knows a little epidural never hurt the birthing process! Wishing Jessa much strength and endurance. Blessings on your heads! Kiss that baby when he comes and tell him how much the diaspora loves him already!
~Heather

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you all!! Jessa looks great!
We need a pic of dad during the anxious waiting period!

Happy Birthing!

Anonymous said...

I've started a pool in my office...the consensus is that by 8PM Eastern you'll have your new baby boy. Let me know what you think...and of course, I'll give you a cut of the profit. -SJH

Anonymous said...

I agree...pics of dad, pics of dad...(imagine protest-like chanting) - SJH

Anonymous said...

I also agree that while women's bodies might be created for birthing...we were also created to walk barefoot...but it's a hell-of-a-lot more comfortable to wear shoes! Ahhh, the beauty of evolution. I say, "embrace it!"

Anonymous said...

sorry- SJH

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! AND SCHMITTY! we can't wait. glad you took Dr. T's advice. Epidurals rock the world of laboring moms

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, I don't know how much longer I can hold my breath!!!! LOVE!!!! jodie

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

YEAH!!! I'm glad Mom made it!!! Hang in there and hopefully it won't be much longer!!! I'll be thinking about you guys and checking in often!!! Love ya!!!